Our thoughts about project management
We do projects because they are an important means to extract value from opportunity ...
by managed application of resources ...
taking measured risks to do so.
- The successful project managers understand that projects only exist to promote and benefit the organization at large.
- The successful project manager understands project values, culture, and practices directly come from their business counterparts.
- Projects are an instrument of strategy. The value of projects is directly traceable to opportunity by means of strategy.
The project equation
The project mission.
- Benefits are the means for recovering project investment.
- Return is the rate of investment recovery
- And value is the need satisfied by the project and the source of improved wealth in the business.